Monday, May 09, 2005

Episode III: More Hot Buzz

If there is anyone in the critic business that I look to as being solid gold, it's the schitzophrenic ramblings of one Alexandra DuPont. Aint It Cool has always taken a step back and watched in awe as she ripped apart or gushed over the fanboy offerings of what was out at that particular time.

Finally, she has delivered her opinion on Revenge of the Sith. And it is a very resounding "YES!". Snippets:

The bottom line is that "Sith" has a discipline - an aggressive discipline - missing from Episodes I and II. It is just repeatedly not-embarrassing at nearly every turn. Most of the flabby expository walks to landing pads have been neatly snipped. Important things are said with images instead of words. The special effects are better, but draw less attention to themselves.


Alright, it's official. I am *looking forward* to Episode III. Enough people -- people whose opinions i trust have given me the hope and the glow of a fanboy ready to be treated to two hours of feeling like a kid again.

Regardless, if I see more positive feedback, I will make sure and point it out for those that need more convincing than I. (And if you were more cynical than I was about the potential for a disaster... then you need to seek professional help.)